- I don't spend a ton of money on clothes. Meaning, I'm not in Bebe every week. I don't need the latest $80 trendy top (I buy a version of it at Forever for $20.00).
- I buy somewhat frequently (a top here, a purse there), but don't often have large sum purchases.
- I'm not obsessed with name brands. I buy what I like regardless of where I find it. Target? Nordstrom's? Doesn't matter to me.
- I will spend a lot of money on certain key wardrobe items - jeans, the perfect black dress, fabulous shoes.
- I love accessories, but in moderation. As Coco Chanel said, "take off one accessory before leaving the house". I like one stand-out item whether it be a great bangle, necklace, bold shoes or a bright clutch and tend to go more minimalist on everthing else.
So what did I buy for myself this time?
This Maxi dress in teal. I cannot normally wear long dresses because of my height, but this comes in a longer length at 50 inches. So cute and comfy.This purple jersey dress. I have a lot of dresses, but not many of casual ones. This would be cute with flip flops or to throw on over my swimsuit.
Which brings me to the items I didn't purchase ($100 was plenty). There were a few things I eliminated for my own reasons, but I think they're so fabulous someone just has to get them.This satin halter dress SO reminds me of the DVF dress that was in the SATC movie (and that Mary happens to own).
This awesome green clutch (that also comes in Navy). I just don't know if the green is me, but I am so in love with this purse. Someone buy it so I can live vicariously through you.
I think this top would like great with black shorts or capris and heels. A little red purse or shoes would be an awesome addition as well.
I would have bought everything, but a girl's got to have some restraint. And, we're in the process of re-doing our kitchen for goodness sake. Not exactly the time to go on a shopping spree.